Welcome to BAAT's official website
BAAT official webpage - Home
What is Alternative Tourism?
Alternative tourism involves travel that is personal and authentic and encourages interaction with the local environment, people and communities. Alternative tourism includes package tours and individual tourist services in the following areas:
- Nature-based tourism - tourism in natural environments, ecotourism, outdoors and adventure including biking, horseback riding, skiing, snow shoeing, rafting, diving, caving and hiking;
- Culture tourism - rural, cultural heritage, ethnic, religious, wine, cuisine, music and crafts.
By relying on small and medium-sized tour operators who help conserve the environment and culture, alternative tourism aims at improving the well-being and sustainable livelihoods of the local people. more info>>
We encourage and support partnerships for the sustainable development of alternative forms of tourism at a regional and local level in order to preserve our natural, cultural and historical heritage and help Bulgaria become a better place for living and doing business.
Objectives and Activities
/1/ helping its members and supporting their interests on national, regional and local level
/2/ preservation and sustainable use of Bulgarian nature, cultural and historical heritage
/3/ providing knowledge and information and supporting the alternative forms of tourism in Bulgaria by means of creating employment and sustainable tourism development in the country
/4/ improving the standard of professional qualification in the sphere of alternative tourism
/5/ positioning Bulgaria as an important European destination for alternative tourism
1. coordinates interests, actions and activities of authorities, organizations and companies, all of them related to development of alternative types of tourism;
2. ensures co-ordination between the development and sales of the tourist products of relevant types of alternative tourism;
3. ensures effective interaction between financing, sales, advertising and development of alternative types of tourism;
4. ensures legal, consultative and technical support of its members;
5. realizes the connection with public authorities responsible for tourism and represents its members;
6. carries out surveys and analysis, gives expert evaluations and develops studies, strategies and projects applying for national and international financing;
7. develops projects and recommendations in the field of tourism legislation;
8. develops and maintains an up-to-date Internet product for presenting its members;
9. coordinates carrying common initiatives together with other tourism associations;
10. organizes participations in international and national meetings and exhibitions;
11. mediates for the voluntary settling of disputes in which a member of the Association is involved, as well as for non-admission of disloyal competition;
12. works for the protection of tourism consumer interests and tourist products and services with alternative tourism character;
13. coordinates common initiatives with financial, insurance and pension funds.
The Association carries out supplementary business activities for fulfilling its goals, which should be relevant to the Associations` main goals.
1. carries out consulting, marketing and publishing activities;
2. provides training through educational and professional qualification courses;
3. organizes participation in international and national meetings and exhibitions.
We welcome and encourage offers for partnership with other organizations and institutions with similar interests and objectives. You can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also feel free to contact some of our members.
BAAT is currently working on a project "Support the development of innovative practices in the field of vocational education and training other and to support the development of innovative ICT-based services, contributing to improve equal opportunities for access to lifelong learning".
You can visit http://www.e-learning-mentors.eu/ for more information.
Information for vacations in Europe
Rural Tourism in Europe
European Center for Ecological and Agricultural Tourism
created on 06.02.2009; updated on 02.12.2014